Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ta Daa: Play Kitchen

I don't have much time to write about this, since I'm totally spent and dying to get to sleep. But I couldn't resist posting a photo of the finished product: Thora's new play kitchen made out of recycyled cardboard. I'm very pleased with the end result. Firstly, I completed it before Christmas day, which I was beginning to think was an impossiblity. Secondly, I think it looks really nice and seems relatively sturdy. I say "relatively" only because toddlers are known for some unpredictable and wobbly movements. And also, I say "relatively" since my measurement and cutting was done with a less than machine-like accuracy. Part of me is stunned that it even fit together! But I do think it's going to be a great addition to Thora's play toys. So pleased!

Here's a closer view of the oven door.

The one thing that this is missing is a fabric curtain below the sink. That will come soon. And I think I might like to create a window in the oven door.

I'll write more about my experience in building this later. Now, must... go... to... bed.

1 comment:

The Weber Family said...

Wow! Wow!!! Color me impressed!!! That is by far the coolest recycled cardboard kitchen ever! Awesome!!! Have a wonderful Christmas, and we have to have you and family over at our new house!