Monday, December 1, 2008

A Long Winter Ahead

Today marks the first Monday without a Farmer's Market. No fresh produce from local farms. No fresh baked goods from local bakeries. (Sure, I can get baked goods, but Thora and I had gotten quite used to Hi-Rise Bakery's molasses cookies!) Last week, I stocked up, loading up Thora's stroller with butternut squash, sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, and apples. And so, tonight, in celebration of the great eating we've done all season, of the farmer's who have provided our family with fresh, safe, environmentally sound foods, I'm going to try a new recipe for Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash soup, the main ingredients for which I'm flush. My in-laws sent me the recipe from the New York Times. Here's the link if you want to try it too.

No comments: