Monday, October 4, 2010

August Update: 7 Favorite Photos from Sarah's Birthday

My birthday was this August. I turned 34, officially entering my early-mid-thirties. At some point prior to thinking about my party, Sean mentioned, I think half-jokingly, about having a summertime keg party, I think merely to be able to say that he's having one. But the seed was planted. As I began imagining my birthday party, I decided that I wanted to have a kegger. And so I planned the Kid-Friendly Kegger. It was an early evening party that wrapped up by 8pm. The weather was wonderfully cooperative, so we were able to have much of the eating and (umm...illegal) drinking happen at the park across the street from our place. That way the dozen or so kids and toddlers could run around and the adults could comfortably watch them while standing around socializing. It was loads of fun. Here are a few of the best photos. For the full batch of photos, click here.

Here I am with the keg. I felt very young at heart! And my friends were all very helpful in trying to kick it. Thank you! Although, I have to say that despite feeling young and carefree, I did feel a bit sheepish about it being a tiny little 1/4 barrel. I mean, back in the day, my friends and I would've need a few of these, right? At least that's the way it seems in retrospect. In the end, I think we did a respectable job taking care of it, for a bunch of parents of toddlers.



Sean was a great husband on the day of the big party. He even surprised me with not one but two different kinds of fancy chocolate cake. It was a great day to spend time with good friends and feel totally spoiled.



This is what the later part of the party looked like, when we commandeered the park across the street.



Here are the kids having a blast.



Here are some more friends:

Lauren holding Hilary's baby Elllie


Julie and Lili


Liane and Aaron Weber

No comments: