Sunday, March 9, 2008

Baby Food and Mommy Drink

Tonight, while Sean watched a DVR-ed basketball game (poor Duke), I made Thora some butternut squash puree. And because the two wine bottle corks that we own have mysteriously gone missing, I had to finish off a bottle of wine in the process. It was pretty good wine, in fact, for being a Trader Joe's $3.99 special--Castelli Romani Rosso. My palate is not terribly sophisticated when it comes to wine. I like bold cabernets, for example, wines that kind of run my taste buds over. But it did the trick. Exactly what that trick is, I'm not sure. But I'm here sitting up at 11:05, feeling very loose of mouth, so there's that. Anyway, back to the baby food. I get such a satisfied feeling as I seal up these re-used Gerber baby food containers for Thora. I feel so efficient as I lay out the empty containers in assembly-line fashion and fill them up. I have brief fantasies of having created a friendly, but hugely successful wholesome foods business. Butternut squash is my favorite to work with because I just want to swim around in it after I'm done. So okay, that's probably the wine talking. And likely, comments like that wouldn't help my fantasy-business. But its jewel-like color, its shimmer, its translucence. It makes me think that I should go pull that Boston Adult Education catalogue out of the recycling bag and look up "Stained Glass for Beginners."

No comments: