Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fasteners Box Update

I've been working away, cutting and stitching and hot-glue-gunning, for the last few nights and I'm making some good progress. I feel a little pressure (self-imposed) in that my goal was to have this completed before we headed west on our trip to visit Thora's grandparents. I thought this might make for some good, in-flight entertainment.

The Fastener Box has taken a new direction, namely a Fasteners Book. This was something that I'd wanted to do in addition to the box, but decided to work in to the project at hand.


Here is the front cover, with a magnet snap fastener to bind the book closed.





On the book's first open page, I've given Thora two more buttons.







Then on the book's next page, I've given Thora her favorite fastener of all: a click!






Then on the next page, I've given Thora a buckle to do and undo.

There are a couple more pages left in the book and I've got ideas for them. Stay tuned for more updates and the finished product.

2 comments:

Julie P said...

I am so jealous. Do you think I can get Becky to make one too? That is so cool. I just love the click fastener!
When are you going out west?

Leslee said...

I do love your blog, but YOU MUST FILL ME IN ON THE DETAILS! Another round? OOOOOOO! Exciting!